Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximize separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new equipment free take back of their old electrical items on a like-for-like basis.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK’s fastest growing type of waste. Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items.
We will be happy to accept your old equipment when you purchase a new item from us e.g. if you buy a new computer from us, we will offer to take back your old one and properly recycle it free of charge.
If you ordered online and had the item delivered you can post your old item back to us, however you will be liable for the cost of returning the old item.
Tekhouse Computers Ltd. provides Computer hardware, software and support for retail customers throughout the UK. We build our own PCs and recognize the impact that our business, products and services have on the environment. In order to control our environmental impact, Tekhouse Computers Ltd. is committed to:
- Protecting the environment, preventing pollution, reducing waste and minimizing the impact of our business operations on the local and wider environment.
- Managing relationships with external providers and subcontractors to communicate our environmental requirements and encourage environmental protection.
- Compliance with applicable legal requirements and other requirements related to Tekhouse Computers Ltd’s environmental aspects.
- Continual improvement and enhancement of our environmental performance.
To maintain these commitments, we will:
- Ensure materials used in the manufacture of our products meet all applicable legal requirements.
- Reduce the consumption of resources.
- Minimize the amount of waste generated and maximize reuse, recycling, and energy recovery from waste.
- Reduce product packaging and use packaging which can be recycled by our customers.
- Provide methods of recycling for unwanted or waste electrical and electronic equipment.